Temperature is extremely important when it comes to storing wine because it affects the taste and quality. Knowing what temperature is best for each kind of wine will ensure the specific type is preserved the way it should be. Wine coolers are designed to keep wine at the perfect temperature to preserve quality and freshness. But, which kind of wine cooler is best for you? Each type of wine cooler has its benefits, but your personal needs determine which one will suit you best. Essentially, the most important difference is that single zone coolers have one temperature setting and one space, and dual-zone coolers have two separate spaces that have their own temperature settings.
Single Zone Benefits:
1. It’s cheaper than dual-zone coolers
2. It’s perfect if you like one type of wine and you don’t want to take up space in the refrigerator.
3. It comes in smaller sizes with varying capacities.
4. It is available in both built-in and freestanding units.
Single Zone Drawbacks:
1. You can only store one kind of wine
Dual Zone Benefits:
1. Perfect if you have a variety of wines that have different temperature requirements. For example, you can store red and white wine in the same cooler and adjust the temperature for each. Keeping white wine at a lower temperature than the red will extend the shelf life of the wine and also prevent oxidation. This ensures each type of wine stays fresh longer.
2. It is available in smaller sizes with varying capacities, but typically offers a larger storage capacity than single zones.
3. It comes in built-in and freestanding units.
Dual Zone drawbacks:
1. More expensive than single-zone coolers.
Choosing the wine cooler that’s right for you is definitely based on your lifestyle. If you like one type of wine and only have a glass periodically, then the single zone unit is perfect. But, if you enjoy both red and white wine almost every day, then the dual-zone cooler is the better choice. There are tons of different options out there and you're bound to find one that will meet all your needs.